Completing your USI (Unique Student Identifier)

The USI Office has some helpful student resources explaining what they can expect to see on their USI Transcript:

· The student webpage on ‘Transcript/Training Records’ on the USI website, which includes a link to an example of a USI Transcript and a selection of FAQs

· The ‘Your USI Transcript’ fact sheet

· When will my training appear on my USI Transcript?’ fact sheet

· The ‘How to view and download my USI Transcript’ video

How to enrol in a course

For information about our courses, fees and course entry information call (03) 9798 7005, email to info@klckeys.com.au or drop into our office.

* If your enrolment application for enrolment is successful you will receive notification in the mail.

* For some courses you may be required to complete a short pre-course assessment.

* All classes are subject to minimum and maximum number of enrolments.

* If you have enrolled in a government funded course you may receive a NCVER Satisfaction Survey

People with a disability are encouraged to apply!

Copies of all KLC Policies and Procedures are available from Reception on request

We can deliver training to off-site or at our campus; please ring the Education Program Manager for more information.

Class Notes - Computer Courses

Notes are provided for classes. You may also purchase your own manuals from bookshops and newsagents.

Course Fees

All class fees must be paid on commencement unless otherwise stated or agreed by KLC. No joining fee applies. For funded programs the tuition fee is set using the Government Fees and Charges Directive. Concessions are available for holders of a current Health Care Card, Veteran’s Affairs Card and Pension Card at the commencement of the course . In cases of hardship fees may be paid in instalments, please ask the office for information.

Course Cancellations

If a course is cancelled by KLC for any reason then a full refund will be made. Students withdrawing from Government funded classes may seek a refund by stating their reason for withdrawal in a letter to the RTO Manager. Any such approved refund will be made on a pro-rata basis of tuition fees less an administration fee.

Refunds and transfers

If a course is cancelled by KLC, a full refund will be given.

Applications for transfers will be accepted up to 5 days prior to commencement of a course.

Government Funded Courses

Students attending a Government funded course may withdraw up to 4 weeks from commencement of the course and receive a refund minus an administration fee. Contact the office for information.

Waiting Lists

Students eligible for a place in courses but unable to be placed immediately shall go on to a waiting list and be notified by phone or in writing when a place becomes available. Priority shall be given on the basis of time of entry onto the waiting list.

Recognition of Prior Learning & Recognition of Current Competencies (RPL & RCC)

If you already have the skills required to attain a Certificate by work or life experience you may apply for RPL or RCC. Please ask at the office for information.

Mutual Recognition

In the case of previous relevant studies we recognise Certificates of Attainment and competencies issued by other RTOs and schools. Please ask at the office.

Course Categories & Fees

This table provides information on course category and shows the Tuition and Concession Contribution Amounts required to calculate enrolment fees for eligible applicants for Government-supported places.

The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.

Fee information is correct at time of printing but may change through the year due to Government directives.

Government Subsidised Training - Non-eligible Full Fee Paying Course and Fee Information

Fees are calculated for full-fee paying enrolment by adding the cost of each unit as listed in your information booklet and KLC Term Brochure.

Certificates and Statement of Attainment are not available until all fees are paid in full


These concessions also apply to the dependant spouse or dependent child of the card holder. These concessions do not apply if the student’s tuition contribution is being met by a Commonwealth Government Agency or as part of a Commonwealth program or initiative. The Concession Tuition Contribution applies to a calendar year; however the Card must be reproduced for new course enrolments within the calendar year.

Indigenous Completions Initiative

The concession tuition contribution is also available to Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students as per Skill Victoria’s Indigenous Completions Initiative, for a government-supported place in any of Course Categories.

Job Seekers

In the case of Job Seekers claiming a concession, the Keysborough Learning Centre, with prior agreement of the referring agency, will invoice the referring agency (JSA) for the portion of the tuition fee not covered by a Government Funded concession place (HSEG) for the Job Seeker. That will be 80% of the regular eligible student fee.

Course Fees and Concession Tuition Contribution

To calculate Enrolment Fees eligible for concession:

    • Refer to the Contribution Amount relevant to your course category

    • Add Student Amenities charge, Manuals and Materials & Equipment Fees

    • To ensure access and affordable training and education is available to the whole community we keep fees as low as possible.

Students who show a current Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or a Veteran’s Gold Card at the time of enrolment pay the Concession Tuition Contribution for the course enrolment.

Amenities and Materials Charges

An amenities and materials charge apply to all courses. These fees are added to the first module you are enrolled in for each course.

Eligibility Guidelines for Government Subsidised Places

To be eligible, you must meet Victorian Training Guarantee requirements.

You must hold one of the following citizen/residency statuses and be residing in Victoria for the duration of your studies:

  • Australian citizen

  • Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)

  • New Zealand Citizen

  • Asylum seeker/victim of human trafficking (must have ARC/ASRC referral)

Documentation for Proof of Citizenship/Age includes:

  • An Australian Birth Certificate

  • A current Australian Passport

  • A current New Zealand Passport

  • A naturalisation certificate

  • A Protection Visa

  • A green Medicare Card

  • Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence.

You must also provide proof of age, particularly if you are aged under 20 years and the documentation provided from the above list does not include your date of birth you must also bring an original document or certified copy from the following list.

  • A current drivers licence

  • A current learner permit

  • A Proof of Age card

  • A "keypass" card